Although I am certainly no expert, now that we have two toddlers
destroying living in my house, I fell as though I’ve learnt one or two things over the past three and a bit years that I should share with you all. So without further ado, I present to you ‘What I’ve learnt about living with toddlers’.
1. You need to make peace with the fact you will never have a tidy house again.
2. They will share their food with the dog.
3. They are physically unable to sit still for longer than 5 minutes – unless the activity involves food.
4. If they are wearing a white shirt, it will be dirty within 15 minutes – half an hour if you are lucky.
5. he same applies if you are wearing white.
6. You soon learn to give up both dressing them and yourself in white.
7. They will run everywhere instead of walking – unless you are in a hurry to go somewhere.
8. If you pack away the discarded Lego that is strewn across your lounge room, they will want to start playing with it again – immediately.
9. If the room goes quiet, you know it means trouble.
10. If there is a container of Sudocream within arms reach – they will find it.
11. You will learn all there is to know about diggers, excavators, forklifts, backhoes, dump trucks and tankers.
12. They will think nothing of throwing themselves off the couch/bed/kitchen stool or stairs.
13. If they do something that makes the other laugh, they will keep on doing it ALL. DAY.
14. All bodily functions – especially farting are hilarious.
15. Don’t leave them alone with textas – ever.
16. They can multitask.
17. They will learn to gang up on you and try and drive you to the edge.
18. They give the best cuddles.
19. When they want to, they can be the sweetest little people in the world.
20. They will love you unconditionally.
What have you learnt about living with toddlers?
Is there anything else you would add to this list?