When it comes to switching to different car seats and when a child can travel safely without a booster seat, there is a lot of confusion out there. This simple 5 Step Test recently shared by The Hills LAC – NSW Police Force is a great guide for parents.
The Five Step Test
1. Your Child’s back is against the vehicle seat.
2. Your Child’s knees bend at the edge of the seat.
3. Their lap belt sits low on the top of their thighs.
4. Their shoulder belts is between their neck and shoulder.
5. They can sit properly in the seat without slouching, leaning over etc.
Image from The Hills LAC – NSW Police Force
For more information about Children’s Car Seat Restraint Guidelines, visit Kidsafe.