Aaron Gillies has gone and done the cutest thing ever! He’s documented all the quirky reasons that make his wife cry. In fact Gillies has observed his wife’s tendency to cry at just about everything.
So for a month, the London-based comedy writer kept a list titled “Reasons My Wife Is Crying.” He posted it on Twitter on Sunday and it has since been retweeted more than
24, 000 times!
Here’s the full list:
Reasons My Wife Is Crying
– “She found out swans can be gay and thought it was really nice.”
– “She was hungover and saw a picture of a piglet.”
– “I waited until it was dark and pretended to be The Babadook.”
– “The fluffy bunny escaped from an arctic fox in a documentary.”
– “There were no biscuits in the house.”
– “She remembered swans can be gay.”
– “I tried to hold her hand when she wasn’t expecting it.”
– “I cooked her dinner after a long day.”
– “She watched a video about a dog.”
Luckily, Gillies’ wife was totally on board with all the attention. He told The Huffington Post that his wife found the list “very amusing” and didn’t mind him sharing it online.
“I did ask her before I posted it online, as I didn’t want her to get any negative attention from it, as usually happens with the internet,” he said. “She doesn’t care that she is an emotional person, and it ends up being brilliant for anecdotes!”
“I thought it would get about 12 retweets from people that know Lex in real life and know what she is like,” he told HuffPost. “Neither of us thought it would go this big! But so many people are identifying with it, maybe sensitivity is seen as something not many people talk about openly, so seeing someone show it started a rather large conversation!”
It seems this post has been a conversation stared for many people in cyber space with many taking to twitter themselves to share things that make them cry.
What are some things that make you cry?